The M84 is a versatile, race-bred ECU that is suitable for a broad range of high performance applications, including engines with up to 8 cylinders. It also suits rotary engines with twin, triple or quad rotors.
This new, entry level ECU is based on the advanced technology in MoTeC's benchmark M800, with a package of features to suit more moderate system requirements. It includes on-board Wideband Lambda plus 512 kB of data logging memory as standard.
Install it as a stand-alone ECU or as part of a complete motorsport-ready engine management and data acquisition solution.
8 x Injector outputs - high or low ohm
6 x Ignition outputs
8 x Auxiliary outputs - for functions such as boost control, idle speed stepper motor and many more
- Manifold Pressure
- Mass Air Flow
- Fuel Pressure
- Oil Pressure
- Exhaust Temperature
- Gear Position
- User 1
- Air Temperature
- Coolant Temperature
- User 2
- 3 x Switched Analogue Temperature
- 2 x Lambda Inputs (supports Wideband and Narrowband sensors)
- 4 x Digital Inputs (wheel speed or switch)
- Case size 147 x 105 x 40 mm
- Weight 500 grams
- 1 x 34 pin and 1 x 26 pin waterproof connector with gold plated contacts
Engine Tuning Features
Windows based ECU Manager tuning software with user definable screen layouts
Individual cylinder tuning of both fuel delivery and ignition timing
Suits modern engines, including those with coil per cylinder ignition
Fully configurable axis points on all tables
- Highly configurable crank and cam trigger inputs to suit almost all OEM sensors and tooth patterns
- Single Wideband Lambda input (dual optional)
Additional Distinct Features
- Capable of advanced control functions, such as:
- Traction control
- Overrun boost enhancement (anti-lag)
- Gear change ignition cut (flat shift)
- Boost control
- Nitrous injection (to be included in a future release)
- Dual stage injection (Hi/Lo injection)
- Configurable sensor inputs including custom calibrations
- Capable of receiving and transmitting data via the CAN bus
- Capable of receiving data from two Lambda measurement devices via CAN
- Integrated advanced diagnostics, including injector and crank trigger diagnostics
- Ref/Sync capture displayed on the built-in digital oscilloscope
- Internal data logging (512 kB) with fast download via CAN
- State of the art i2 Standard data analysis software
Several options are available as upgrades to customise and grow your system. These additional features are activated through a simple password system, at any time when you need it.
For the M84 engine management system the following upgrades are available:
Dual Wideband Lambda
Single on-board Wideband Lambda is included as standard, with a dual option available as an upgrade for applications that require more than one Lambda input.
Traction Control and Launch Control (2, 3 or 4 wheel)
- Hi/Lo Injection (secondary injection)
Gear Change Ignition Cut (flat shifts)
Overrun Boost Enhancement (anti-lag)
Traction Control ‡
The Traction Control option enables user-programmable Traction and Launch Control. Traction Control reduces engine power, by cutting cylinders, to limit wheel spin when traction is broken.
Hi/Lo Injection ‡
Hi/Lo injection enables control of primary and secondary sets of injectors. The injectors are controlled using a 3D table to define the balance of fuel flow between primary and secondary injectors.
Gear Change Ignition Cut ‡
Gear Change Ignition Cut (also known as 'flat shift') momentarily cuts engine power to allow a gear up-shift at wide open throttle. An input to the ECU
is used to trigger the cut.
Overrun Boost Enhancement ‡
Enables boost control to reduce turbo lag and improve throttle response in tight and twisty stages for turbocharged cars, specifically in rally events.
‡ Traction Control, Hi/Lo Injection, Gear Change Ignition Cut and Overrun Boost Enhancement are available separately or as part of Advanced Functions.